Friday, August 26, 2011

Friends, Food, Fav Animals, Fun, #FRP



So as everyone else went into hurricane mode a small group of friends and I headed to CONEY ISLAND. Sometimes we NYers forget the cool things that we have right around us. Like Long Islanders seldom think to head to the city for pretty much anything. And Upstate, why? I mean really within a few hours of our homes there are such great attractions that we over look. Today as my AMAZING friends and I spent time at the aquarium viewing some of our favorite animals, feast on some pretty good foodage, def fun and some FRP moments. (ok maybe not FRP esp when people crazily and willingly rhode on the Cycole)

But my thought at one point in the day was... wow, I've lived 20 minutes away from this place for pretty much my whole life and don't think I have ever been there more then on a grade school field trip. How have a let a place like this be over looked, and what else and I missing out on? Then I started to think about the people I was with for the day. Each one of them has made an impact in my life in some way. Some a little more then others but each of them have made a difference in my world.

- Gina amazing leader of the MIX (our church young adult group) has helped me to look at life just a little bit differently and appreciate the AMAZING things that God has blessed us with.

- Danny although my time with him has been limited has taught me that just because we're new friends doesn't mean we can't crack each other up. New is often really good!

- Jenn A has taught me that being a mom doesn't mean you can't still have fun with your friends and enjoy life in general.

- Brittany has taught me to look at life with a smile, which i sometimes forget to do.

- Josie has without a doubt shown me that no matter when you get there it's worth it when you are with people you love to be around.

- David has taught me a lot of lessons in the last 20 years but today he taught me that laughing at the pain helps dull it just a little. Oh and of course that PENGUINS are AMAZING... but I kind of already knew that one.


You see today I realized that my friends... new and old... may actually have been some "over looked" things in my life... so thank you Gina, Danny, Jenn A, Brittany, Josie and David for helping me learn a few lessons today and for being some pretty cool people.


Today was great... amazing FRIENDS, aight food, AWESOME fav animals, a ton of FUN and a little #FRP =)


Without a doubt a good day before IRENE ruins the weekend!





1 comment:

  1. Ahhh!!!! I love you I love you and I had an amazing day! And just so YOU know you have been an amazing friend :) and I appreciate and value you so much.

    ReplyDelete