Monday, August 30, 2010

Called me GRUMPY.... (time to learn)

Is it being Grumpy when you are attempting to process something that you are either a- frustrated, b- annoyed, c- worried about, or d- all of the above?

Lesson being learned today.....
Check your attitude. Even if it is a tough day, week, month, year, check your attitude. Allow yourself time to be upset, annoyed, frustrated, and worried, but try your best to make sure that your reactions don't hurt or affect others in a negative way.

Its not the easiest lesson to learn, especially when you are not ready or willing to learn it.

Coupled with that lesson is the lesson in HONESTY. You (when I say you I mean me) need to be honest with others. When you're mad say you're mad, when you are annoyed admit it and when you're scared be brave enough to say so.

Ok here goes... sometimes situations make me mad, sometimes people annoy me to no end (and its usually those I am closest to) and yup I get scared.... more often then I like to admit.

There you go.... lessons in honesty and dealing with emotion.... man this one may take a little while to grasp onto. This whole being a leader and a learner thing isn't as easy as it looks when you're looking form a distance. Feels like I'm right back in that freshmen year of Bible College being broken into a million pieces and no longer noticing that reflection in the mirror because there is a change going on inside of me. Not one one that I talk a lot about because after all I am an internal thinker.

I think it was said pretty great in "Without A Paddle"--- "It is very confusing to the people in your life when you do not act the way that you are feeling." (Not saying its the best movie in the world but I am saying there's at least one good quote in it.) Acting the way that you are feeling is ok, but allowing the emotion to over take you is NOT!


No comments:

Post a Comment