Thursday, August 12, 2010

Train Track Heartbeat

It wasn't a "requirement" it wasn't something that I "needed to do" it was something that made my heart beat a little different.... something I HAD TO DO! But why would I willingly get up at 6 am after an extremely long couple of days and go to a train station with 4 other people to give FREE breakfast bars to people I don't know????

Part of the answer came at the train station as I watch peoples faces change from the thursday morning slump to the wow someone cared enough to hand me something to make my day better mode. We handed 4 nutria grain bars to a family.. 2 little girls and their parents... unsure of why we were handing them breakfast bars they took them and walked away. Later on we saw them from across the track platform and the father said "this is a great thing you are doing." (that was a nice pat on the back for us)

People's faces and reactions were without a doubt worth it but something even more AMAZING happened when we left the train station. We went and had breakfast (and while that was great it wasn't the amazing part). Our waitress was a riot... at first I am pretty sure she was just annoyed with us b/c we were not ready to order and slightly obnoxious by the end of breakfast things were different. Todd, the master of words and getting people to feel comfortable asked Natalia what she thought he did for a living. She guest a counselor, then said he couldn't be gay b/c he was married, and then guest a stripper (pretty sure that was just to be funny). Then we handed her a Servolution invite card and she got it, Pastor! She also said, "you're probably a pretty cool pastor!" (I guess-- lol)

We got to show people the real love of a "christian" today. Instead of hiding the love that we so often tuck so deep in our hearts lets let it shine....

"This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine
This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine,
let it shine, let it shine, let it shine.
Hide it under a bushel? NO! I'm gonna let it shine,
let it shine let it shine let it shine!"

Today the train tracks caused my heart to beat a little different, it was something I HAD TO DO!!! And now, I'm glad I did! Who needs sleep when you get to show people that they are loved?!?!? What a great opportunity! I am convinced, Serving is the gateway to an amazing day and life in general!


No comments:

Post a Comment