Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Frogs...

When I hear the word leap more often then not I think of that silly game I used to play on the playground, leap frog. It never really dawns on me that LEAP year is even happening, probably because I never understood how all of the sudden there was an extra day in a year. Really? Every four years we get a whole extra day... that's kind of a cool thought.

Here's a thought that even I didn't think too much about... what will you do with your extra 24 hours, or in this case what did you do with your extra day?

I was given an entire extra day to influence people, to make a difference in some one's life and as I reflect through out my day I have to think.. did I do that? Did anyone have a better year this year because on that extra day that we were given I made a difference? Did I go out of my way to do something kind for someone else? Was I loving toward my family? Did I treat my co-workers with respect and honor? Did I try to bridge the gap in a fractured relationship? Did I love people with the love I carry deep with in my heart because of who I say I really love (Jesus)? Did I do anything today that made today worth being an added bonus to the 2012 calendar in my life?

Sounds a little tough but, they are without a doubt questions that I have pondered today. It felt good to be able to answer most of those questions with a YES, but it also made me think and realize that just because it's an extra day doesn't mean it should be treated any different.

FEBRUARY 29th or March 23 doesn't matter what day it is, I should always strive to live so that at the end of the day the answer to ALL of those questions is... YES.

Am I going to get it right all the time... NO.. I'm human... and a screw up, but should I strive to make every day count... ABSOLUTELY.

So here's to you LEAP DAY... thanks for making me THINK a little more about how I spend my time!

No comments:

Post a Comment