Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day....

I woke up this morning... walked through my regular routine, hit the snooze a few times, get up, read my bible journal for a while, get ready, check email. Some how when I wrote the date in my journal I didn't make the connection between the 14th and it being Valentine's day. When I read an email from a really good friend who lives all the way on the other side of the world I realized... oh yeah... wow... ok. See when you've lived through more Valentine's Days single then you have with someone who has an interest in you or whatever you just treat it like any other day. I'm not bitter, angry or jealous that I don't have some amazing guy sending me flowers and chocolate or taking me out on some really great date because honestly I want THE BEST that God has for me. I feel like if I had a Valentine today (other than a joke one) today I would be settling for less than THE BEST.

You see this really smart couple once told me that Dating was BAD, and that I should pray specifically for who I want to end up with. I have no interest in aimlessly dating. No interest in picking a random guy to allow to steal a piece of my heart. No interest in having to remember a period of time in my life by who I was with. I don't want my life to revolve around any man but THE MAN that was designed perfectly for me. I don't want to deal with the broken heart that I have seen so many of my friends have to deal with. Don't get me wrong there are other things that can and will break a heart but relationship wise it doesn't have to happen. (In my opinion anyway)

There are a lot of GREAT guys out there... I know a few... some of them are truly incredible but I want the BEST not just great. See I really believe that I am someone's rib. I believe that I am intended for a specific guy and he was designed for me. That we won't complete each other but that we will enhance each others lives.

Would I like to have someone to call at the end of the day and say good night to sure. Would I love to have someone who texts me cheesy stuff during the day yupp (my boss would probably hate it if the texts distracted me). Would I love to receive daisies and chocolate... duhhh.... I am a girl! But am I ready to be who he deserves? Am I ready to be the best Valentine he could ever ask for.... probably not. There will always be growth that needs to happen in my world but I want to be the BEST for him just as much as I want him to be the BEST for me.

So until then I will choose to be the girl in waiting this Valentines Day and all the days to follow until HE say's I am ready for him and he is ready for me. Why settle for the best that right now has to offer when you can have GOD's BEST for your life?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment