Wednesday, February 8, 2012

What do Cop shows have to do with real life?

I really like COP shows... you know like NCIS, CSI, NCIS LA, and PSYCH (NCIS & PSYCH being my favorites, just in case you were wondering). I love the mystery behind them, and often the humor involved especially in Psych. I enjoy trying to figure out who did what as the show goes along and I really like to laugh, so the two being put together in one situation just makes it even better.

In the last few weeks I've been reading a lot more then I used to excluding college, which I think may have robbed my joy of reading a little bit. The trouble with reading is, you learn, the trouble with learning is, you grow. See learning and growth are VERY good things but in my little world I like to see what's coming, often though, especially lately the learning and growth has been "out of left field" experiences. Life has handed me some crazy growth moments lately. Some have been really cool, some a little more painful then others, and some incredibly faith building.

At the start of this year I felt a prompting to do a Daniel Fast, a week later my pastor Todd Bishop was talking to our staff during a staff meeting and encouraging us to go on a Daniel Fast as a team and a church, it was both encouraging and scary because I knew I needed to be prepared for God to do something in my life. I committed to the fast and to a time of specific prayer. We are 18 days into that journey and it's been incredible (fasting wise it was the first 10 days). I started journaling more and praying and believing for bigger things.


So why cop shows??? Well like I said before, I really like trying to figure out what is going to happen. I enjoy the mystery and the humor (usually the humor involved in the stupidity of those who think they can get away with certain things). Not just in cop shows but also in my life I like attempting to figure out WHAT is going to happen. I like to know the what, and also the when... lets be real I like the how, the why, the who, and the where. Lets be real most people like to know what's coming at them. If a baseball bat is being beamed at your head, it's be nice to know it's coming so you have time to react.

The thing is I have been taken out of my cop show domain, which has been a little uneasy at times, but adventurous in the very same breath. I've been praying longer, journaling more, dreaming bigger, thinking broader, and believing for far more then ever before. It's been CRAZY! I feel like God is probably enjoying the Cop Show thought process that I usually have... the whole, look at this clown thinking she is going to get away with this. Not that I have been trying to get away with any thing or whatever but I feel like God is looking down and almost laughing saying... ha ha ha... watch what I can do.

Cop shows might not have a whole lot to do with real life but, I am amazed at how God helps me to see things differently now. It's crazy how He allows for certain things to happen and stuff that would otherwise be ordinary to create extraordinary moments or thought in my little world.


No comments:

Post a Comment