Saturday, September 3, 2011

WAKOS.... but I love them ALL


For the most part Saturdays in my world start like this.... "PANCAKES!?!!?" either from the kid who sleeps on my futon or a text from my older brother. I whip up a minimum of two batches of pancakes (one with chocolate chips and one with whitechocolate chips) and then my amazing family consumes them.

The rest of the day isn't always as predictable. Today my wakadoo family went shopping. Ok now my family IS NOT NORMAL!!!!! We can't go to Old Navy without one of my siblings posing with the manikins. Why would today have been any different? My baby sister and my older brother decided to pose with a family of manikins like they were part of their family.


NEVER A DULL MOMENT with these birds around. I found a super cool hat that I almost bought... I was later told that a friend would have beat me up if I bought it.... I guess it was a good thing I decided against it.

And then I dropped my Mom and sister's off a my baby sister's life long friends house. The rest of the ride home while laughing at my brother my thoughts shifted to people. I have become increasingly aware of how AMAZINGLY blessed I am with some pretty amazing people in my life.

First up my biological family... immediate and extended... I have been blessed with some awesome siblings, great parents, aunts uncles and cousins who are so great, grandparents who love(d) me.... not everyone gets all that... I'm pretty lucky.

Life long friends... not too many people have known their friends for 20+ years and usually your relationships like that deteriorate with time but some of mine have just grown and become even better... so thankful for my life long friends who continue to amaze me with how much they truly care about me.

"College friends".... I went away to school and built friendships with people during college and post college and many of those bonds are still super tight.... I am beyond blessed by my friend I met during that time.

New friends.... I have been given the opportunity to get to know some AMAZING people within the last few years and each new friend has helped me learn something new about me... esp my new female friends... they really bring out the girlie girl in me... I hear its a good thing so I'll just go with it!

People who speak into my life.... I have had some pretty awesome people, pastors, leaders, parents who have just simply loved me though situations. They have helpedme see things that I never realized were possible in my life. They have payed me some high compliments and helped me believe that God has an AMAZING plan for me. So thankful for those people!

Church family... new and old, this church and any other church I've been given the opportunity to attend... I have been so beyond blessed by the people who just pull you in and allow you to be a part of their world and their family.

My WAKOS are just geneticly connected to me.... I mean I love them too but I love all the WAKOS who have made my life even more amazing so tonight I am thankful for the people who have come into my life and left a huge IMPRINT on me!

1 comment:

  1. :)

    it is not hard to be loved when you, dear friend, are so easily lovable. you are wonderful! this post made me smile :) thinking of you and missing you from across the ocean and over the sahara <3

    ReplyDelete