Wednesday, September 7, 2011

9/7/2011

At 9:17pm on September 7th I came into the world. The third child in my family and the only girl. My daddy named me Katherine after his favorite actress (Katharine Hepurn). I got my middle name from my mom... we share it... Rose. My big brotherswelcomed me into the world and taught me the ropes (some lessons were easier learned then others). I was born on the 7th as the 7th grandchild on both sides of my family... 7 happens to be my favorite number... random fact I KNOW you just could NOT live without.


So today was apparently my birthday! My friend Ally came down from RI to spend the day with me which was so nice. I love spending time with friends.

Heres a look at the birthday fun...

First up... first day of school for the younger siblings... so I woke up at 6:30 am. Mostly because I heard them getting ready but also because I wanted to see them off to school. They got dressed in their new school clothes, ate breakfast, grabbed their backpacks and headed out the door. So weird to see them heading out the door for 8th and 10thgrade... they are getting so big so fast. Love my little sisters and I am so proud of who they are becoming.



Then a little TV time... why wake up early if you're not gonna hit up classics like Boy Meets World.

Eventually it was time to get ready and head to staff meeting... honestly who better to spend part of the day with then some of my FAVORITE people. I really and truly love our team. It's an honor to get to work with each and every one of them. I love getting to hear their hearts and talk about ways to help our church and each other grow. I am beyond blessed to get to call the team I work with my friends.

After Ally and I went out for lunch... ON THE BOARDER..... gotta love the Mexicans... so yummy! No seriously it was really good. Even better then the food, just hanging out with one of my close friends talking about life and dreams and random silly things like how girly I truly am (popular topic lately) was amazing.

IKEA... what trip to the Hicksville mall would be complete without a stop in IKEA... prefect rainy day activity. We walked through the whole store saying silly things like "when I grow up" or "is it weird that I get excited to think about cooking for my family and them sitting at the counter"... yup without a doubt some girl time.

No trip to NY would be complete without RALPHS, pizza, a bagel run and the bakery.... yupp we hit it all up so Ally could go home fully loaded... insuring that I would need to do an extra couple of sets of something to burn off all the crap I consumed today... oh calories why are you so loaded? No really though... we NYers have amazing foodage. Leave NY for a little while and then come back and you willTOTALLY understand.

Went to Target... b/c thats what Ally and I do! Had some Starbucks b/c their passion tea lemon aid is addicting. Enjoyed the company of family and friends. Got my cell phone blown up with texts and facebook notifications. Watched Friends =) Blew out candles and made a wish. Enjoyed knowing that this year will be great just because of how it has started out. Loved knowing that He who kept me in the past also holds my future and that my latter will certainly be greater than my past. Yup all in all I'd say it was a pretty FRP 9/7 =)


1 comment:

  1. Ohh I love it and you and Ally. I'm happy that your birthday was so special <3

    ReplyDelete