Monday, June 13, 2011

Silence is Golden.... or is it?


Its been a LONG time since this office has been this quiet.... everyone else was either off or working from a different location today. It's been strange to be here pretty much alone all day, with the exception of our amazing mail man and our accountant who stopped in it's been super quiet.

People say silence is golden, and while I agree because today has been pretty productive and pretty amazing, silence is also provoking. See when there's nothing else going on, you know no noise and no other people around to talk to there is a lot of room for you to have to do some thinking. Now although it's good to get some quiet time to process thoughts and be able to focus on some things it's been one of those days where thoughts have just cluttered my mind. I've never been really big into setting goals or thinking real far into the future because I always figured each day was a gift and we aren't promised tomorrow. Lately I am realizing that even if we don't ever see tomorrow we need to have a goal in mind.

Goal setting however has NEVER been a gift of mine. I've never really said things like... well by the time I'm 30 I'd like to be married and possibly have a kid or 2 in the works or already here. It's just never made sense to me because I figured if it's gonna happen it will and nothing I say or do can change that. But I am starting to realize that not setting goals is selling yourself and God short.... that one burned a little! (Stinkin silence creating time for me to think... lame)

So thank you golden silence as I think and pray and create goals and desires. Lists are being written, things that sounded so dumb to think about even a week ago are being thought of as hopes, dreams and desires. It's a strange step to be taking but... I guess this golden silence has caused me to see a few things a little differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment