Saturday, June 4, 2011

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.....

A few weeks ago we talked to the kids about REDEMPTION.... you know like recycling. Giving something that to others may seem like trash new purpose. Yup that's the business God is in... THANKFULLY! At THE POINT we teach our kids whatever the adults are learning and a catch phase at our church is "reaching your FULL REDEMPTIVE POTENTIAL." If not for redemption I know I would have been a lost cause, tossed to the side, forgotten about and NEVER given a second thought or chance, I am so thankful for REDEMPTION. Although I have not obtained my FULL REDEMPTIVE POTENTIAL and probably never will while I'm here on earth and without a doubt human I will continue to work toward that.... and continue to help others work toward that.

Part of helping other work toward that is setting an example others can follow. It's making sure I live with character and integrity. It's being sure those I look up to and follow live a life worth emulating. It's knowing when to ask for help. It's seeking God when I make big choices and even small ones. It's being willing to serve before I expect to be served. It's following HIS plan and not seeking mine. (And so much more)

I have an AMAZING job and I work for what I think is the BEST church in the universe. We don't always get it right and we are a bunch of imperfect people but the one thing we do have is a desire to see other peoples lives changed for the better. Over the last few months we have been renovating a building in Babylon and the 10 people who still faithfully attended this church have been such an asset to the Point Family. We've been painting, throwing things out, organizing, changing lighting, and just trying our best to get this building ready to be a light house for the community of BABYLON. The more time I spend in this building the more I see REDEMPTION and POTENTIAL.... it's so amazing what you can learn and feel as you do something so simple like throw out trash or slap paint onto a wall. Yesterday I spent time with 2 friends who I was honored to work hand in hand with. As we decluttered a space, broke desks with a softball bat, threw things out, scrubbed things down, and painted walls I could see and feel things I couldn't when we first walked into that building. (And no I don't just mean sore muscles, although that happened too.) As the three of us pounded stuff out (literally) and prepared an area for KIDS to be able to enjoy church I almost cried a few times. The potential for this building to reach KIDS, their parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles is INCREDIBLE!!!! I cannot wait to see what kind of FULL REDEMPTIVE POTENTIAL this building, these people, and this town have.... and it all officially starts TOMORROW @ 6:30 pm!!!!!

(So if you're free and just a little curious as to what I am rambling about come check it out... 54 George St, Babylon NY--> across from the post office// not the post office cafe)

No comments:

Post a Comment