Friday, June 10, 2011

Setting Goals...

So in a little over a week I get to experience my mid year review. With that comes a whole new job description... Children's Pastor Playbook was left on my desk a little over a week ago. I flipped through the booklet but skipped over a few things... sort of by choice. There's a portion in it that says I have to "set goals" ummm really boss man???? I'm without a doubt not the best goal setter. Not because I lack motivation and vision but a fear that I won't be able to accomplish the goals and once they are spoken it's hard to take them back. I got a little freaked out by the idea of having to set goals not just personally but ministry wise as well. So I started to think how I might be able to set realistic goals for myself and the ministry I over see. I started writing down some really dumb things that really had no value at all and then I realized that I really needed to put more effort into it.... So I went back to my "Bible College roots" and I began to pray and fast about these goals and my future in general. I gave up something and focused my attention where it needed to be focused. I'm 4 days away from the fast being over and let me tell you.... I'm getting some answers. My goals may not be glamorous or even remotely interesting to anyone else but that's why they're my goals. The things that would excite me to see happen may have no affect on others, but they excite me none the less. There's something to be said about this whole goal setting thing, but even more so on making sure that your focus is in the right place! I'm EXCITED to see what the future holds and ready and willing to follow some goals and dreams, even though I may fail... not trying is an even worse failure!

No comments:

Post a Comment