Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Just walk....


I received a poem once from my childhood best friend when I went off to college...
"Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Just walk beside me, and be my friend." Every time I looked at that poem I smiled, every once in a while there were a few tears when I read it but usually smiles. Why tears... well.. there have been some people in my life who have exemplified that poem who are no longer a part of my life for some reason or another. They were tears of thankfulness for what was and a few tears of sadness for what I missed. The things is though as I look at my life I am quickly realizing.... WOW I am BEYOND blessed! Not too many people have friends that they have known since they were in diapers that they have grown up their entire lives being able to share secrets, hysterical moments, and even some earth shaking moments with each other. I've been given an AMAZING opportunity to have friends that I have known since childhood. We've shared some great moments with each other and I have been so fortunate to have those friends stand by me in the hardest of times. Life is incredible and I am so thankful for amazing friends. I love that my friends (old and new) don't walk behind be but they do trust me to lead if need be.... who don't walk ahead of me although there are some that I would follow because I believe so strongly in them.... but they just simply walk right beside me and they without a doubt are just simply INCREDIBLE friends! Near and far, for years and years and for just a few moments I have been BLESSED beyond measure with some WONDERFUL friends! So thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment