Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Never Question Honor...

There has been a lot in my life that has resulted in me really wanting to ask the "What Ifs" or "Why me" questions.  This morning as I read my pastor's blog, www.toddbishop.tv I was reminded of the importance of certain questions.  I've always enjoyed being around kiddos, they make me laugh, their so creative, and they have a desire to learn (among a few of my favorite things about them).  I can deal without the boogies and the sticky jelly hands oh and for sure without the farting on command (Special Thanks to a certain almost 8yr old PK... Malachi- thanks for teaching me the power of the stench).  But the one thing I have always appreciated about kids is the way they constantly ask questions form the WHYs all the time just because to the most knowledge and truth seeking questions I have heard like wanting to know more about the word redemption.  I've been given the AMAZING honor to pastor the children at the Point Church for the last 2 years and working with them for about 3 years and I must say I think I have learned more from them over the last few years then I have taught them.  I've learned that faith really is simple.  I have learned that loving your neighbor makes your life greater.  I have learned that there is no greater joy then serving God with your whole heart and I have learned that God loves me no matter what.  Now some of that I already knew... but the way kids approach things puts stuff in to a whole new perspective.  I cannot begin to unfold the honor it has been to learn, lead and love the kiddos I have been granted the opportunity to serve.  But that opportunity would not have come if a crazy formerly hickish youth pastor had not stepped into my world a little over 12 years ago.  My pastor Todd Bishop is one of the most amazing, genuine, compassionate men I have ever had the opportunity to learn, grow, and serve with.  When others didn't even seem to see me this man and his AMAZING wife Mary saw the potential God had in me.  He refuse to let me just be an "average joe" kind of kid, he knew there was more to my future then that.  I didn't see it and sometime truthfully now I have trouble seeing it, but I know that my pastor and his wife believe in me.  I know that this guy who saw something in me 12 year ago still sees something in me now... he sees potential.  We have this catch phrase at our church.... UNLEASHING YOUR FULL REDEMPTIVE POTENTIAL #FRP.  It means that we believe God is taking you FROM something, through something and ultimately to something.  The from and the through are not always exciting but the to is what you need to have hope in.  It's a lot easier to have hope in something when you have amazing people in your corner.  And while I may really want to ask the questions of the who, what, where, when why and how.... I know that it is more important to learn from the moments and experiences.  Asking questions is great but being prepared to learn is essential.  Today I just wanted to publicly put it out there that I am HONORED to know Todd and Mary Bishop for as long as I have and I am BLESSED to be allowed to serve with them and to be able to call them not just friends and my pastor but FAMILY.  So much love and respect for the Bishops, I probably would not have made it this far in the journey without them investing in me.  Love you both and HONORED to have you in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment