Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Cinderella's Song....

Last night before I went to sleep I wrote down a very specific prayer in my journal.... "Lord  I know that your word is true and that you keep your promises, before I go to bed I am asking you, reveal your plans for my life.  Lord give me dreams tonight about the plans you have for my life.  Cause me when I wake up in the morning to know and remember what you've shown me."  


Before I fell asleep around 1 am I wanted to be sure that I asked God to use my resting time to just show me what He has in store for my life.  I know that might sound a little flaky to some people and impossible to others, but I just felt impressed to pray that before I went to bed last night (early this morning).  


Well at 4 am that prayer (along with some other prayers from the last week) was/were answered. I don't think I ever doubted that they would be answered I am just always simply amazed at how timely and how precisely God seems to answer prayers.  Even when the answer is NOT what I expect the answer always works out in my favor in the long run.  When I woke up I used the light from my cell phone and began to journal the things that were on my mind, the dream(s) I had felt like God reminded me of/ gave me... 12 pages later I stopped and just reflected in awe for a few minutes.  Then I opened my bible app on my phone and read a passage (2 Samuel 9) and was blown away at how the two tied so well together.  


I don't believe in coincidences, I do believe in GODincidences though.  The journaling and the bible reading sparked a little online research for things I NEVER thought I would be interested in and some things that I forgot I had some passion for.  And then I was reminded of my mini's favorite movie... Cinderella... what a story... forgotten, underestimated, low self esteem, and a whole lot more going against her but she was destined for greatness... (I can relate).  She never stopped dreaming though...  




"A dream is a wish your heart makes
When you're fast asleep
In dreams you lose your heartaches
Whatever you wish for, you keep
Have faith in your dreams and someday
Your rainbow will come smiling thru
No matter how your heart is grieving
If you keep on believing
the dream that you wish will come true" 





Thing is though... I don't think you have to simply have faith in your dreams... I believe you have to have faith in the dream giver.  It's been a long time since I have dreamed dreams like the one I just journaled about.  I know dreams don't come true without some kind of adversity but I also know that what doesn't kill us makes us stronger and more importantly that I have the "dream giver" in my corner.  




So here's to #uglyearly updates!!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment