Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A.D.H.D. (in more than one way)


I've never been able to sit still for long periods of time. I make fun of my pastor because if he talks on the phone he has to be moving around, really I shouldn't make fun of him b/c I do the exact same thing. Nine times out of 10 I have to be actively engaged in more than one things to really grasp what is going on or to be paying attention. Most people would say I have ADD or ADHD.... it's probably true, I mean after all caffeine calms me down, I talk in my sleep (a little bit), and I only sleep like 4-5 hours most nights. Usually when a kid and even now adults are clinically diagnosed with ADD or ADHD they are put on meds. A lot of times it's used as an excuse for the way someone behaves and sometimes it turns people away but what if we looked at ADHD through different eyes. What if instead of it meaning Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder it meant something else, maybe something a little more positive????

What if it meant Addiction Desire Hope Determination? Yeah I know it totally doesn't explain why little Davie can't sit still in class, or why Sarah as to doodle while she takes notes, why PT has to walk while he talks on the phone or why I have to stop doing what I am doing sometimes and just take a walk across the office... or does it???

Addiction... Addicted to what? Addicted to perfection. Wanting to get it right because you know that doing your best not only affects others but it brings Glory to the God that you serve and all you want to do is cause Him to smile.

Desire.... Desire for what? Desire to help point others to the one who holds your future, knows your yesterdays and cares about who you want to be.

Hope... Hope for what? Hope that you can accomplish all you would like to. That your dreams and passions would come to be. That those God given dreams actually come to be.

Determination.... Determined to do what and why? Determined to live the life planned out for me with love and passion in a way that will make my maker proud.

So what if ADHD wasn't looked at so negative and it was looked at as something that was good.

All I ever what to do in life, if nothing else, I want to live with ADHD. I want to be Addicted to perfection- trying always to do my best to bring honor to God. Desire to help point others to God, because without Him all the other dreams are worthless. Hope that I accomplish what God has for me to accomplish. and Determined to live life with no regrets.

So yeah I do have ADHD... in more than one way... but meds won't change me =)

No comments:

Post a Comment