Thursday, July 28, 2011

Distance...


Ever just feel like someone who could be sitting right next to you is a world away?!?!? I've been blessed to know so many INCREDIBLE people in my life. I legit (in my personal opinion) have the GREATEST friends/ family a girl could ever want. Unfortunately distance ALWAYS creeps in.... man I HATE distance. I dislike it when its an actual physical distance, I mean having friends scattered world wide is just annoying. I hate not being able to go to starbucks with a friend b/c they live in a different state or country. I can't stand having to convert hours so I know when it's safe to call someone... the whole counting thing just throws me off. But more then physical distance I can't stand when someone is just "distant" especially when I don't know why. I hate not being able to be there for a friend or being able to say sorry if I did something wrong or offended someone. I like to know what's going on, not to be nosy but to be able to be there for someone when and if they need it. I HATE being pushed away.... but I do it to others. When someone gets too close and I am afraid they will find out something they may not like about me or see my flaws I back away. Sometimes I unintentionally hurt someone because I don't want them to dislike me or whatever. Sometimes I create a distance because I'm afraid of getting hurt. I've had a lot of hurts in life so if I can avoid them I do... but sometimes it's at the cost of relationship.... and that's not a cost worth taking. Distance is that stinky thing between two objects (be it people or places) and well... it's terrible. So today as I think of the AMAZING people God has blessed my life with I am praying that distance would no longer be something I create to protect me (unless it's needed- like with the creepers).

No comments:

Post a Comment