Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A Sea of Purple...


So it's Wednesday and I am sitting at our Babylon campus in the basement. There is purple EVERYWHERE. Now I am not purple's biggest fan to begin with but this is like a purple overload... and it's 2 different shades of purple. Anyway.. after my instal annoyance at the color and a really really weird picture on the back wall I am seeing it for more then just the sea of purple that it is. Now that most of the garbage has been cleared out and we're planning and brainstorming it's a whole new sea.... not just a sea of purple... it's a sea of potential. I don't just see four walls that need some TLC or a room that's been just so let go and unloved. I see a room full of potential. I see kids learning motions to songs, opening up bibles, and learning and growing together. I see kids laughing and playing as they grow in their knowledge of who God is. I see teachers and parents with happy tears in their eyes as they watch kids change. I see 9 people who have watched this church slowly fall apart be ignited with passion because once more this will become a place where a community is impacted and loved. I see people coming in off the streets just because they want to know what is going on in this once almost abandoned looking building. I see a situation that looked so impossible being redeemed for an even greater purpose. I see this sea of purple being used to bring in a sea of FULL REDEMPTIVE POTENTIAL.

Looking forward to what God is going to do here!!!! It's gonna be AWESOME!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment