Thursday, October 21, 2010

One Step At A Time

Five years and 5 months and 2 weeks ago I became a Bible College graduate. Today I met with my district presbyter for step one to receiving my license to preach. It's been a long time coming but it's something I have felt like I was supposed to do with my life since I was 15. This meeting today was 12 years in the making but I didn't realize just how much I wanted to pursue this until last night as I was finishing up the paper work I needed to hand in today. I stopped filling it out and left blanks because I was all of the sudden aware of the fact that this dream was only a few short steps away from being realized and yet those few short steps feel so very far away... one small step for man one giant leap for man kind.... yeah it won't affect man kind but it will affect my world ever so slightly. As I prepare to take this seemingly small step and stride toward a goal I pray God give me the wisdom, grace and strength to make choices that will be needed, pass tests and get through meetings. I pray that intimidation and fear would not be a factor and that my pass would be an asset rather than a hinderance. One step at a time I am walking this walk and following this dream! One step at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment